Monday, July 19, 2010

e-learning in HSE

It is necessary, not only due to the ever increasing amount of knowledge, the decrease number of staff and time, and sometimes the uselessness of physical contact sessions between students and tutors, particularly to those ones who acknowledge where are the gaps and what to search for to fill them in. The blackboard at SUN teaches us in a very nice virtual tutorial format, how to upload teaching resources and materials to a distant course. It is also broadly acknowledge the need for changing the trends in HSE. The link above is only one, of the many I retrieved when I searched the web on the issue.
We have indeed, to be more active, and apply theoretical knowledge into practice!

4 comments:

  1. The article you are referring to (can be found at address: http://bit.ly/agDeZH) is a classic and a worthwhile read. It captures the basics of why we should do e-learning, and how we should do it to make a real difference to students. Key concepts like user-friendly (in all it's aspects), relevant to a student's immediate needs, and interactivity, are shown to be of the highest value aspects of e-Learning.
    It is up to us to show and research how this is true for our own students and contexts.
    Blackboard (SUN's LMS - Learning Management System) does help one to structure learning experiences, and that is (where properly used) a LMS can make a big impact. It has drawbacks as well, but given a university setting, it is useful to mediate learning.
    Have you decided on a project yet?
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, JP! Nice to hear from you, once again, this time in this site. I am struggling to upload a PPS I prepared to accompany a new comment I have not uploaded (I would like to post both at the same time). I used the same quick publish program used during the contact week. It is done completely and saved in my desktop. Maybe tomorrow if I manage how to take it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also visited and commented on the [[http://alearning.wordpress.com/2010/07/17/powerpoint-versus-books/]]; because I found it quite interesting and necessary.
    Sorry JP, I mentioned "I will have to upload it soon" Matter of fact I took the electives to be familiar on how to do it. And I think the electives is really helpful. I invented a hypothetical "post-graduate course on HIV/AIDS because it is the content I have been working with most over the last few years and I have numerous pictures and materials from the original cases I dealt with. Sorry I saw your comment just today. I was chasing my peers’ blog instead.

    ReplyDelete